Friday, September 23, 2011

Last September 22, 2011, I went to Tagaytay for a solo daytrip and take note that it was my first time there.

Here is the detailed timeline:
8:20AM - Departure from Mactan International Airport.
9:30AM - Arrival at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
9:35AM - Rode a taxi from NAIA to Pasay Bus Station.
10:00AM - Bus departure from Pasay to Tagaytay city proper (Olivares Plaza).
12:00PM - Arrival at Olivares Plaza Tagaytay City.
12:10PM - Rode a jeepney to Mahogany public market to eat their famous Bulalo.
12:20PM - Bulalo lunch at Len's Kitchennette.
1:00PM - Rode a jeepney from Mahogany public market to Bag of Beans.
1:20PM - Dessert at Bag of Beans. I ordered Apple Pie ala Mode and Iced Caramel Machiatto.
2:00PM - Rode a jeepney back to Olivares Plaza.
2:20PM - Rode a jeepney from Olivares Plaza to People's Park in the Sky (aka Palace in the Sky).
2:45PM - Picture taking in People's Park in the Sky.
4:00PM - Took a tricycle to Picnic Grove.
4:10PM - Horseback riding and picture taking at Picnic Grove.
5:30PM - Went back to Olivares Plaza.
6:00PM - Rode a bus that will drop me off Baclaran.


Here are my detailed Expenses:
Taxi fare from NAIA to Pasay Bus station             - P250.00 (why so mahal? I will post the story soon.)
Bus fare from Pasay to Tagaytay                           - P77.00
Jeepney fare from Olivares to Mahogany Market  - P10.00
Bulalo lunch                                                          - P130.00
Jeepney fare from Mahogany to Bag Of Beans      - P8.00
Iced Caramel Machiatto                                       - P110.00
Apple Pie Ala Mode                                            - P145.00
Jeepney fare from Bag Of Beans to Olivares         - P10.00
Jeepney fare from Olivares to People's Park         - P18.00
Entrance People's Park                                        - P15.00
Multicab fare to People Park's view deck             - P10.00
Tricycle fare from People's Park to Picnic Grove   - P60.00
Entrance fee Picnic Grove                                     - P50.00
Horseback Riding at Picnic Grove (1 hour)           - P350.00
Jeepney fare from Picnic Grove to Olivares           - P11.00
Bus fare from Tagaytay to Baclaran                       - P77.00
                                                                         ____________
Total Expenses:                                                     P1,331.00





My thoughts on Tagaytay City, Taal Lake and Taal Volcano:
Tagaytay is a city but it doesn't look like one I must say. The view in Taal Volcano is superb. The air is fresh, there is no pollution, you can see greens anywhere - perfect for a great escape from the hassles in the city. The place is perfect for picnics and daytrips too - Palace in the Sky and Picnic Grove. I think it is also nice to have overnight stay here (maybe next time). I didn't get a chance to take a closer look at the
volcano though and I also opted not to go to the crater lake because the boat fare costs too much and I'm all alone so it would mean I'm gonna pay for all the expenses. I'm sure someday I'll be back in Tagaytay and I hope I'll be with my friends next time. It would be my honor to tour them to this beautiful place.

Here are some pictures I took at Tagaytay:

Yes I went to BOB's place.

Bag of Beans.
I asked the waitress to take this picture. hehe.
Apple Pie Ala Mode.
Iced Caramel Machiatto.
Very very delicious slurp!
Superb view from Palace in the Sky.
I don't the name of the mountain but it looks nice from afar. hehe.
Tagaytay city as seen from the mountain heights.
Spectacular view right?
Can't help but take a lot of pictures. hehe.
Taal Volcano and Taal Lake.
I've had enough pictures of the volcano, it's time for me to shine. Aw! Haha.
You can also buy souvenirs in their souvenir shops.
I didn't go to the top since it was really hot. hehe. This statue reminds of Brazil's famous statue (I forgot the name).
Yes I was here! I just couldn't ask somebody to take a picture of me with this as a background. Huhu. :(
It was sunny when I went there but the air was cold.
Horseback riding at the Picnic Grove.
You can see up close Taal Volcano and Taal Lake here.
Nice subject, Nice background - Perfect! Aw hahaha... :P
My guide said that the owner of this land area is Willie Revillame. Oowws.
My horsy was a bit tired so we went for a little break. (Am I that heavy?)
Photo credit to my guide who was by the way a Bisaya also.
Wahaha! Too much drama can kill you!
A closer look at Taal Volcano and Taal Lake.
Nice nice nice view - I couldn't help but take a lot of pictures while riding the horse.
Couldn't look away from the breath-taking view.
Fernando Jose ikaw ba yan? - a close friend commented on facebook. Waaaaah!
Waaaah my tummy is a major agaw eksina.. tsk tsk :(
Souvenir shops in Picnic Grove.
Small cottages in Picnic Grove. Perfect for picnics.
It was already dark so I took a last picture at the lake and volcano before I left.


My thoughts on my first solo trip:
It was a nice experience and a very challenging one. It was my first time to have a solo trip in a place where I'm a stranger. At first I was really nervous and hesitant about the trip but I decided to push through with it and just believe in myself. It's a little awkward to travel alone when you are used to having trips with a lot of companions. Honestly, I felt really lonely that time. I think that this kind of trip is perfect for heartbroken people or for those who really want to be alone.
I found it hard to take pictures of myself because at first I was shy of asking other people to take a picture of me. Hehe. What I did at first was to put my DSLR Camera in the table and set it in a timer mode. But it was a little uncomfortable and inconvenient too, so I just took the courage to overcome my shyness and ask for strangers to take even just one shot. Well, I was glad that the persons I asked were all nice and didn't turn me down.
Another disadvantage of traveling alone is that you'll have to pay everything yourself. For instance, I paid P60 for the tricycle fare from Palace in the Sky to Picnic Grove when I can trim it down to P15 only if I have companions. I had an option though - to wait for other passengers but I was in a hurry that time so I just gave in with the P60 fare.

Now, did I enjoy my solo trip?
Well, YES of course! It was a great experience and I learned a lot in this trip. My primary reason for doing such was to know how it would feel and to know if I can really survive traveling all by myself in a place where I'm a complete stranger. Someday, I am aspiring to travel the world and I think that this one is the first step. I am super thankful to God that everything went well in my trip.
I guess I'll be having more solo trips to come but maybe, If I will go on a solo trip next time, I must see to it that I must be heartbroken or I just wanna be alone. Hehe. =)


11 comments:

  1. Geng! Nasuya me :(( I'll definitely go to Tagaytay soon :D Nice post BTW! Keep rockin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe thanks Miss! Uu miss nice kaayo didto kamo duha ni July. Romantic kaau nah weeeeeeeeee! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your 1st solo adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pinoy Adventurista! hehe... thanks din for entertaining my questions before this trip happened, naging makulit din ako ng kaunti hehe... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, nice post and thanks! I am planning also to go alone as backpacker kaso babae ako and medyo mas nakakakaba pag mag-isa lang. But this helps a lot lalo na papuntang Tagaytay. - Yehnzs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Yehnz. Thanks. God bless on your trip! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this blog! it was bookmarked on my pc since last month..kasi We had our very frst tagaytay trip last mar12.. and ur blog really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gail,

    Wow. It's nice to know that this blogpost helped u in your tagaytay trip. hehe.
    Hope u enjoyed ur trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ry! salamat sa imung gi post dili nako mag lisud ug adtu karong july.. thanks! regards ko ni Richel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shanni!

    hehe wooow ayo2x sa imo trip this July. Cge, iregards tika ni Kuya. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the way you blog, detailed & practical. I was checking reviews about Tagaytay trips for my son's upcoming birthday this October when I came across your blog, and it really gave me more insights.

    I'm looking forward for more budget-friendly trips locally. Please let me know where to follow your blog.

    Kudos!!! God bless you more! :))

    ReplyDelete