Do you remember this goal-setting post at the beginning of this year?
I actually set all my goals for this year in that post .
Now, that the year is about to end, let me check if I really achieved my goals this year or was I a total failure and loser?
Here's an excerpt of my goals in blue text:
- Exercise: jogging and badminton - PASSED. Although I only actually played badminton once, hitting the gym starting last November proves that I worked out a lot to burn my fats.
- Eat healthy, stay healthy, live healthy! - FAILED. Lechon, Liempo, Rellenong Bangus... All my guilty pleasures! Sucked it all in my tummy.
- Don’t spend on food (buhbye fancy restaurants) - PASSED. Only went to fancy restaurants like once a month and that's really a major cut in my expenses.
- Be a parasite to friends (doin’ this already every snacks… asking for alms...alms…) - PASSED. I'm really good at this... you know, being a parasite. hehe
- No friggin IMAX (except Harry Potter, Transformers, Breaking Dawn and Pirates of the Carribean. Toinks!) - PASSED. I only watched Harry Potter, Transformers and Pirates of the Carribean in IMAX. Watched other movies at regular cinemas.
- Save for my friggin future (if I have one) - FAILED. Not a single penny in the bank.
- No hubog hubog sessions (buhbye redhorse), just coffee sessions (hello coffee cat!) - PASSED. Minimized alcohol and I can't remember a time this year where I went home drunk. Yes!
- Learn the art of Photography (I’ll join Sinulog photocontest next year. Excited for this one.) - FAILED. Will not join Sinulog Photocontest because I'm not yet ready. For my skills, it's not that I haven't developed a little but there's really no major improvement.
- Nihongo (huhu how should I improve this skill? I’m a hopeless case.) - FAILED. Was a bit pre-occupied at work and was busy with my travels so there's no really allotted time for studying Nihongo.
- Enliven the spirit of geekiness in me. - FAILED. Totally got rid of that geeky personality.
- Be a good person. Lels! - PASSED. I'm not being biased here but I can feel it - I'm really a good person! haha! :P
- Refrain from backbiting. Lels again! -
FAILED. Don't blame me because that what keeps most of
ourmy conversations going. Aw! In short, sige ratagrakog panlibak. haha. Just kidding!
- MacBook Pro (this is a must this year! I’d kill for this! O_O) - FAILED. Bought a Sony Vaio instead. Killed mosquitoes, cockroaches and all other pests for this. hehe.
- UV Filter, Neutral Density Filter, and Polarizing Filter (for my camera) - PASSED. Bought only UV Filter but I think it's already enough. Right Bruno?
- Tripod (I have shaky hands don’t know why. Haha) - PASSED. Bought a Benro tripod last May.
- Telephoto lens (Ambisyoso!) - FAILED. Not a single lens investment this year. Sorry Bruno. :(
- Nice headset (I love Beats by Dr.Dre headphone but it’s not practical, costs 13K huhuhu) - PASSED. Although my Dr. Dre headphones are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), they work just great like the pricey ones at the mall.
- Egg speaker (because it's handy) - PASSED. Bought X-Mini speakers last May.
- iPad or an Android tab (I’m a gadget freak you know.) - FAILED. Bought an appliance showcase instead.
- iTouch 4 (I don’t know why I wanna buy this.) - PASSED. Bought an iTouch 4th Gen last August.
- Scooter (I wanna drive mehself to work. A car is just an impossible dream at this moment, so I just opted for this. I think I’d look funny driving a Scooter. Haha.) - FAILED. Way too impossible and my mother said, If I want to die sooner, I'll buy myself a scooter. So I was like, okay, forget it!
- Locker for my gadgets. - FAILED. Already looked for cabinets with lock but can't find something that suits my taste until I ran out of budget.
- Am I being realistic? - Yeah!
- No you’re not freak! - Ah huh, you're a freak!
- Oh, my bad! So erase erase… - Duh!
- Erase #9, #8, #7, #6, #5, and #4… (MacBook is a bit expensive already so it would mean “buwad ug ginamos” everyday if I would insist on buying the other things.) - Duh again! haha
- Bantayan Island (I’ll just take a shot of the beautiful sea. No swimming. Sayang ang gluta ug papaya harhar) - PASSED. Went there last February.
- Cagayan de Oro – Bukidnon – Camiguin (I smell adventure!) - PASSED. Went there last July.
- Bohol again and again and again! (this is a perk you’d hate when you’re from this beautiful place. Still finding convincing alibis for this trip to be cancelled. Harhar >:D) - PASSED. Invited my officemates during our annual fiesta.
So, let me count:
PASSED - 14
FAILED - 11
Oh yeah! Looks like I'm successful this year of achieving most of my goals!
Well, this calls for a celebration. Congratulations to me! :)