Friday, December 30, 2011


Do you remember this goal-setting post at the beginning of this year?
I actually set all my goals for this year in that post .
Now, that the year is about to end, let me check if I really achieved my goals this year or was I a total failure and loser?

Here's an excerpt of my goals in blue text:

TO DO:
  1. Exercise: jogging and badminton  -  PASSED. Although I only actually played badminton once, hitting the gym starting last November proves that I worked out a lot to burn my fats.
  2. Eat healthy, stay healthy, live healthy! -  FAILED. Lechon, Liempo, Rellenong Bangus... All my guilty pleasures! Sucked it all in my tummy.
  3. Don’t spend on food (buhbye fancy restaurants) -  PASSED. Only went to fancy restaurants like once a month and that's really a major cut in my expenses.
  4. Be a parasite to friends (doin’ this already every snacks… asking for alms...alms…) -  PASSED. I'm really good at this... you know, being a parasite. hehe
  5. No friggin IMAX (except Harry Potter, Transformers, Breaking Dawn and Pirates of the Carribean. Toinks!) -  PASSED. I only watched Harry Potter, Transformers and Pirates of the Carribean in IMAX. Watched other movies at regular cinemas.
  6. Save for my friggin future (if I have one) -  FAILED. Not a single penny in the bank.
  7. No hubog hubog sessions (buhbye redhorse), just coffee sessions (hello coffee cat!) -  PASSED. Minimized alcohol and I can't remember a time this year where I went home drunk. Yes!
  8. Learn the art of Photography (I’ll join Sinulog photocontest next year. Excited for this one.) -  FAILED. Will not join Sinulog Photocontest because I'm not yet ready. For my skills, it's not that I haven't developed a little but there's really no major improvement.
  9. Nihongo (huhu how should I improve this skill? I’m a hopeless case.) -  FAILED. Was a bit pre-occupied at work and was busy with my travels so there's no really allotted time for studying Nihongo. 
  10. Enliven the spirit of geekiness in me. -  FAILED. Totally got rid of that geeky personality.
  11. Be a good person. Lels! -  PASSED. I'm not being biased here but I can feel it - I'm really a good person! haha! :P
  12. Refrain from backbitingLels again! -  FAILED. Don't blame me because that what keeps most of our my conversations going. Aw! In short, sige ratag rakog panlibak. haha. Just kidding!
TO BUY:
  1. MacBook Pro (this is a must this year! I’d kill for this! O_O) -  FAILED. Bought a Sony Vaio instead. Killed mosquitoes, cockroaches and all other pests for this. hehe.
  2. UV Filter, Neutral Density Filter, and Polarizing Filter (for my camera) -  PASSED. Bought only UV Filter but I think it's already enough. Right Bruno?
  3. Tripod (I have shaky hands don’t know why. Haha) -  PASSED. Bought a Benro tripod last May.
  4. Telephoto lens (Ambisyoso!) -  FAILED. Not a single lens investment this year. Sorry Bruno. :(
  5. Nice headset (I love Beats by Dr.Dre headphone but it’s not practical, costs 13K huhuhu) -  PASSED. Although my Dr. Dre headphones are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), they work just great like the pricey ones at the mall.
  6. Egg speaker (because it's handy) -  PASSED. Bought X-Mini speakers last May.
  7. iPad or an Android tab (I’m a gadget freak you know.) -  FAILED. Bought an appliance showcase instead.
  8. iTouch 4 (I don’t know why I wanna buy this.) -  PASSED. Bought an iTouch 4th Gen last August.
  9. Scooter (I wanna drive mehself to work. A car is just an impossible dream at this moment, so I just opted for this. I think I’d look funny driving a Scooter. Haha.) -  FAILED. Way too impossible and my mother said, If I want to die sooner, I'll buy myself a scooter. So I was like, okay, forget it!
  10. Locker for my gadgets. -  FAILED. Already looked for cabinets with lock but can't find something that suits my taste until I ran out of budget.
  11. Am I being realistic? -  Yeah!
  12. No you’re not freak! -  Ah huh, you're a freak!
  13. Oh, my bad! So erase erase… -  Duh!
  14. Erase #9, #8, #7, #6, #5, and #4… (MacBook is a bit expensive already so it would mean “buwad ug ginamos” everyday if I would insist on buying the other things.) -  Duh again! haha
TO GO:
  1. Bantayan Island (I’ll just take a shot of the beautiful sea. No swimming. Sayang ang gluta ug papaya harhar) -  PASSED. Went there last February.
  2. Cagayan de Oro – Bukidnon – Camiguin (I smell adventure!) -  PASSED. Went there last July.
  3. Bohol again and again and again! (this is a perk you’d hate when you’re from this beautiful place. Still finding convincing alibis for this trip to be cancelled. Harhar >:D) -  PASSED. Invited my officemates during our annual fiesta.

So, let me count:
PASSED - 14
FAILED - 11

Oh yeah! Looks like I'm successful this year of achieving most of my goals!
Well, this calls for a celebration. Congratulations to me! :)

4 comments:

  1. TO DO 1 & 2 are so contradicting hahaha.

    Ayaw na sige panlibak oi! Bad na. Mahimo jud kang E*** ana kadugayan. Kaya di nata manlibak hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitaw nu? haha. Pero mao man jud nay nahitabo. LOL!

    Uu dili na jud ta manlibak kay masuko si VTF. haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gennnnnng! I so agree with Bryan! Shudi na libakers oi! Bad na sa tummy :D

    Au pka oi daghan ka na achieve ths year..ako super failed! Hahaha!

    Next year nalang pud :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. Ayaw jud tuo ana ni Bryan miss kay kauban mi ana sa pangpanlibak. haha.

    Uu, kita kos imo post, puro failed. Haha. Better luck next time nalang miss! hehe =)

    ReplyDelete